This year, prepare to be launched straight into the heart of NASA’s most spectacular mission – man’s first trip to the moon – as Apollo 11 lands on the big screen!
To celebrate the highly-anticipated release, we’re giving two intrepid explorers the chance to journey across the universe on a private stargazing experience in the UK. Joining an expert astronomer and using a large state-of-the-art telescope, you will have the chance to discover star systems, star clusters, nebulae and distant galaxies, see ancient craters scattered across the moon in high definition and watch Jupiter’s moons dance around the biggest planet in our solar system.
To be in with a chance of winning, book tickets to Apollo 11 at Picturehouse Cinemas and tell us which planet you would like to explore and why.
From director Todd Douglas Miller (Dinosaur 13) comes a cinematic experience fifty years in the making. Crafted from a newly discovered trove of 70mm footage, and more than 11,000 hours of uncatalogued audio recordings, Apollo 11 takes us straight to the heart of NASA’s most celebrated mission—the one that first put men on the moon, and forever made Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin into household names. Immersed in the perspectives of the astronauts, the team in Mission Control, and the millions of spectators on the ground, we vividly experience those momentous days and hours in 1969 when humankind took a giant leap into the future.
Apollo 11 is in cinemas from Friday 28 June.
See it first with previews at Picturehouse Cinemas from 26 June.
Terms & Conditions
Prize package inclusions for 2 adults:
- £100 Travel Allowance
- Stargazing Experience: Available in various locations across the UK (2 hours). Includes all equipment needed for stargazing and an experienced astronomer guide.
- This competition closes on 05 July 2019 at 11.59pm. This competition is open to those living the UK and Ireland only. One entry per person. No prize alternatives.
- Travel allowance is provided to the maximum value of £100; at least one person must be over the age of 18 years old.
- The prize excludes domestic ground transfers, meals and drinks, excursions, attractions, treatments, visas, personal expenses and anything not expressly stated in the prize package.
- All elements of the prize are subject to availability; if unavailable, experiences and items of a similar nature and value may be offered.
- Once booked, the prize cannot be amended or cancelled. Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- No cash alternative is available; prize cannot be taken over Christmas, New Year or Public Holidays.
- Prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and must be redeemed within that time.
- If the winner elects not to or is unable to, use part of the prize, the winner will forfeit that part of the prize package.
- All children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Stargazing is available at the following locations in the UK:
North London – Hampstead Heath
South London – Wandsworth Common
South Downs – Bignor Hill, Devils Dyke, Butser Hill
Chiltern Hills – Ivinghoe Beacon, Coombe Hill, Dunstable Downs
Birmingham – Clent Hills
Cotswolds – Cleeve Hill
Exmoor – Wimbleball Lake, Minehead, Lynmouth
Dartmoor – Widecome in the Moor
Brecon Beacons – National Park Centre at Libanus
Anglesey, N.Wales – Red Wharf Bay, Newborough, South Stack
Peak District – Hathersage
Shropshire – Long Mynd