National Lottery Cinema Day is back in 2019!
Every time you play the National Lottery you’re supporting UK film production, exhibition and innovation, as well as community projects across the country.
To say THANK YOU, venues nationwide – including Picturehouses across the country* – are inviting you to see a FREE film on Sunday 25 August with your ticket from Saturday 24 August’s Lotto Double Prize Event draw.
You can reserve your free adult cinema ticket from Wednesday 21 August at cinemaday.co.uk and check out the day’s listings on your local Picturehouse’s website.
First come, first served. Terms and conditions apply. See cinemaday.co.uk for full details. If you don’t want to take your chances you’ll still be able to book paid tickets for the day in advance at picturehouses.com as usual.
Since The National Lottery’s first draw took place on 19 November 1994, more than £40 billion has been raised for good causes in the areas of arts, sport, heritage and community. The 25th birthday is a moment to celebrate the extraordinary impact The National Lottery has had on the UK, and to say thank you to National Lottery players for contributing around £30 million to good causes every week.
The National Lottery has made more than 5,350 millionaires but its primary purpose is giving to good causes – over 565,000 individual grants have been awarded across the UK, that’s the equivalent of 200 life-changing projects in every UK postcode district.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Each line on an eligible National Lottery ticket for the Lotto Double Prize Event on 24th August 2019 provides free entry for one adult to any one film of your choosing on 25th August 2019 only. Free cinema tickets are subject to availability and will be offered on a first-come first-served basis. Persons under 16 years old are not eligible for free tickets.
- Excludes IMAX at the National Media Museum, Bradford.
- Advance seat reservation is advised. Visit www.cinemaday.co.uk to select your chosen cinema and reserve a ticket for the film of your choice.
- Take your reservation details with your Lotto ticket to the cinema box office to claim your free cinema ticket. For online and app tickets, show your confirmation email or log into your account and show your ticket confirmation.
- Eligible Lotto tickets should not be exchanged for free cinema tickets but must be shown at your chosen cinema to claim your free adult cinema ticket.
- You should claim your ticket at the box office at least 30 minutes before the advertised show start time. Any tickets reserved but not claimed 15 minutes before the advertised show time may be reallocated.
- As free cinema tickets are limited, if you are unable to attend a screening, you must cancel your reservation(s), in order for them to be reallocated. The booking information will provide details of how to cancel.
- Entrance to a screening is subject to film age certification regulations.
- Free tickets have no cash value and cannot be exchanged.
- The promoters are Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (“Camelot”) and Picturehouse Cinemas Limited.
- Each participating cinema has the right to refuse entry in the event of a cinema reaching capacity, as well as under any other reasonable circumstances.
- In the event of queries on the day, the decision of the cinema manager is final.